Length: Each group member must complete 15 annotations,
- 5 should be formal sources retrieved from databases (from peer reviewed or trade journals – See WRTG 3040 Research Guide for more info),
- 10 should be from credible lay sources
Formatting: Use the Annotation Format given after the rubric.
- If you are not familiar with the Business Library resources, please visit the WRTG 3040 Research Guide (developed by Leeds librarians) to help you get started.
- Group members should complete their research on their own
- Group members should complete their annotations on their own and alphabetize them correctly (by filling out the provided Annotation Format Form)
- Compile all annotations into one group document for submission, divided by group member
- Grades are individual, but you should submit one group document that is formatted with the same spacing, font, font size, etc.
Required Reading and Resources
- WRTG 3040 Research Guide
- Purdue OWL APA Style Guide
- Evaluating Sources for Credibility: Magazines, Trade Journals and Scholarly Journals
- Evaluating Sources for Credibility: Websites
- Divide up your research areas and who will write what for the website and presentation. Make sure that everyone has a part in both the design process and content research.
- Do your individual research. You will probably look at more articles than just these 15 sources.
- Compile your 15 sources that you will actually be using and citing in your website copy and presentation.
- Create an annotation for each citation, using the provided Annotation Format Form
- Alphabetize your list.
- Compile all group members’ lists into one document. I suggest you create a Google doc to allow everyone access to this and for easy editing.
- Remember to put each group member’s name before their list.
- Make sure all fonts, font sizes, heading styles, etc. are consistent before turning in.
- One group member should submit the compiled AB with your Slide Deck.
The AB is graded pass/fail on an individual basis and is not eligible for revision. All Basic Requirements must be met to receive a passing grade. Any failure to follow the directions may result in a failing grade.
This assignment is graded pass/fail. Either you have completed the correct amount of annotations with the required information satisfactorily met or you have not.
Use the Annotation Format Form and answer the questions. Copy and paste the form for each annotation and leave the questions and formatting.