I’m always here for you, but here’s a list of links and helpful tools to help with assignments… and maybe life in general. Also, 3040 and Beyond has its own Pinterest, which I try to keep frequently updated.
- CU on-campus computer lab resources: find on-campus computers for Skype meetings, and working on digital projects, should your computer fail you!
- William M White Business Library: Get on campus help from the Leeds librarians with research.
- Online Composition Hub: Need some extra help with design or document editing? OCH can help.
- WordPress Support: WordPress Support has almost all the answers to all the questions you have about how to “do” WordPress. With pictures!
- Google Help Youtube Channel: If you’re a visual learner and need help learning to do something in Drive, the Google Help folks have answers.
- Google Drive Support: For those that prefer written aids, with pictures, Google Drive Support can help.
BASIC BUSINESS STUFF:
Purdue OWL Resources for Business Writers:
- “Rhetorical Awareness and User-Centered Design”
- “Applying User-Centered Design”
- “Tone in Business Writing”
- “Paramedic Method”
Grammar and Style Stuff:
- “Word Crimes”
- “Wordiness, Wordiness, Wordiness List”
- “The Oatmeal: Who vs Whom”
- “The Oatmeal: Apostrophes”
- “The Oatmeal: How to Use a Semi-colon”
- “The Oatmeal: 10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling”
- “Personal Brand Workbook”
- “Personal Branding is a Leadership Requirement, Not a Self-Promotion Campaign”
- “Creating An Elevator Pitch”
- Leeds School of Business Job Prep Website (has everything you need to get going!)
- Purdue OWL: Tailoring Documents
- “3 Methods For Building an Awesome Personal Vocabulary”
- “185 Verbs That Will Make Your Resume Awesome”
- Pepperdine: List of Action Verbs
- Pepperdine: Describing Your Accomplishments
- Pepperdine: “What is An Accomplishment?”
- “4 Tips to Make Your Resume Stand Out”
- “Meet The Robots Reading Your Resume”
- “275 Free Resume Templates You Can Use Right Now” (unless you are doing A1, and then you need to use the Leeds template)
- “5 Ways Your Cover Letter Lost You the Job” (and what to do next time!)
- Cover letter tips that especially apply to new grads or college students!
- “Don’t Be Boring!”
- What Makes a Great Cover Letter
- Cover Letters Are Like First Dates
General Design Help:
Presentation Design Tips:
- Breaking the Presentation Spell, by Dave Underwood
- “You Suck At Power Point”
- “3 Steps to Prevent Presentation Pollution”
- “How to Create Presentation Slides That Are Out of This World”
- “10 Tips for Designing Presentations That Don’t Suck: Pt. 1”
- “10 Tips for Designing Presentations That Don’t Suck: Pt. 2”
Free Image Resources:
- Life of Pix
- New Old Stock
- Free Images
Free Photo Editing:
Free Infographic Tools: